Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cup sour cream (lite is okay; or Greek yogurt may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour + 1/4 cup for tossing with blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini, laid loosely in cup and not packed (don’t wring out)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) fresh blueberries (I haven’t tried with frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray one 9×5-inch loaf pan with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the the first six ingredients, through vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Add the zucchini and stir to combine; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the blueberries, 1/4 cup flour (helps prevent them from sinking while baking), and toss to coat.
- Add the blueberries and all flour bits to the large bowl with the batter and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula. Tip – Evenly sprinkle the surface with 1 to 2 tablespoons blueberries for a visual pop of color.
- Get Full Recipe Click Here