Vegan Chilaquiles with Chickpeas
Vegan Chilaquiles with spiced Chickpeas. Spiced Chickpeas and crisped tortilla with easy red sauce. Easy Chilaquiles Recipe. Nut-free, soy-free. can be gluten-free with gluten0free chips or tortillas
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 15 oz can Chickpeas garbanzo beans, or 1.5 cups cooked
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- a good dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp or more salt
- 2 tortillas or 1.5 cups tortilla chips
- chopped red onion cilantro and lime juice for garnish
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup water or stock
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- half of the onion garlic mixture from above
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots and a pinch of salt and cook until golden. 4 to 6 mins. Stir occasionally. Reserve half of the mixture for the red sauce.
- Add chickpeas and spices to the skillet (or use 1 tbsp or more taco seasoning or chili powder blend of choice ). Mix well, Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the red sauce: Blend all the ingredients and reserved onion garlic carrot mixture until smooth in a blender and set aside. (You can also make the sauce with red salsa, chipotle pepper, cumin, salt and water as needed).
- Add tortilla chips or crisped sliced tortillas to the chickpea skillet.
- Pour the blended sauce over them. mix and bring to boil.
- Get Full Recipes Here