Classic Blueberry Pie Recipe
- 2 prepared 9-inch pie crusts
- 6 cups fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk whisked with 1 tablespoon warm water, for the glaze
- Roll out one of the pie crusts to a diameter of 12 to 13 inches and transfer it to a 9-inch pie. Snug it into the corners of the pan. Transfer the pie pan to the fridge and chill the crust for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F while the crust is chilling.
- Combine the blueberries, 3/4 cup of sugar, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small bowl. Use more sugar if your berries are very tart and more cornstarch if your berries seem very juicy or if you prefer a more firm pie filling. Stir until the sugar dissolves into a gooey coating and let the berries macerate on the counter 15 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pie crust from the fridge and pour the berries inside.
- Roll the second pie crust to a diameter of 11 to 12 inches and gently lay it over the top of your pie
- More Directions https://www.thekitchn.com/classic-summer-recipe-blueberry-pie-recipes-from-the-kitchn-191859