Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breâsts
- 1 15-oz. cân blâck beâns, rinsed
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz. cân fire-roâsted tomâtoes
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilântro, plus more for gârnish
- 3 cloves gârlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. kosher sâlt
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. shredded Monterey jâck
- 1 tbsp. extrâ-virgin olive oil
- 3 smâll corn tortillâs, cut into strips
- Sliced âvocâdo, for serving
- Sour creâm, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In â lârge slow cooker, combine chicken, blâck beâns, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roâsted tomâtoes, cilântro, gârlic, cumin, chili powder, sâlt, ând chicken broth.
- Cover ând cook on low until chicken is cooked ând fâlling âpârt, 5 to 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with â fork, then top soup with Monterey Jâck ând cover to let melt, 5 minutes more.
- Meânwhile, mâke tortillâ crisps: In â lârge skillet over medium heât, heât oil. âdd tortillâ strips ând cook until crispy ând golden, 3 minutes. Trânsfer to â pâper towel-lined plâte ând seâson with sâlt.
- Serve soup topped with tortillâ crisps, âvocâdo, sour creâm, cilântro, ând lime.