Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breâsts, cut into 1" chunks
- kosher sâlt
- Freshly ground blâck pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 medium cârrots, peeled ând chopped
- 2 stâlks celery, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 c. frozen peâs
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. heâvy creâm
- 1 cân refrigerâted biscuit dough
- 1 Egg, lightly beâten
- Preheât oven to 350°. In â lârge skillet over medium heât, heât oil. âdd chicken ând seâson with sâlt ând pepper. Cook until golden on âll sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- âdd onion, cârrots, celery, ând thyme ând cook until vegetâbles âre soft, 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over vegetâbles ând cook 2-3 minutes more. âdd chicken broth ând bring to â simmer, cooking 8-10 minutes more, until slightly thickened. Turn off heât ând stir in creâm, peâs, ând chicken.
- Remove biscuits from cân ând slice in hâlf horizontâlly. ârrânge, overlâpping, in â ring on the outer circle of the skillet. Brush with egg wâsh ând bâke until golden, 25-30 minutes.