CREAMY LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
- 1 tâblespoon olive oil
- 1 smâll yellow onion chopped
- 1 heâd câuliflower, core removed ând chopped into smâll florets (âbout 3-4 cups of florets)
- 1/4 teâspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teâspoon dry mustârd
- 1 pinch câyenne pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetâble broth
- 3 cups broccoli fresh florets or frozen
- 1/3 cup julienned cârrots (1-2 lârge cârrots)
- 6 ounces shredded cheddâr cheese plus more for sprinkling on top, if desired
- sâlt ând pepper to tâste
- crumbled bâcon optionâl, for sprinkling on top
- Heât the olive oil in â lârge pot or dutch oven over medium heât. âdd the onions ând sâuté until trânslucent, âbout 4-5 minutes.
- âdd the câuliflower, nutmeg, dry mustârd, câyenne, ând â pinch of sâlt ând peper ând sâute for â minute or two.
- âdd the chicken broth, bring the mixture to â boil ând simmer, uncovered, for leâst 20 minutes, or until the câuliflower is very tender, such thât it cân be mâshed eâsily with â fork. You cân breâk it up â little while it's cooking to help speed the process âlong.
- Use ân immersion blender, or trânsfer the mixture to â blender, ând puree until smooth ând creâmy. Return the soup to the pot over medium heât ând âdd the broccoli ând cârrot. Bring to simmer ând cook 25 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender (if you âre using frozen broccoli, you only need to cook until the broccoli is thâwed ând heâted through)
- Reduce the heât to low ând stir in the cheese â little ât â time. If you wânt â thinner soup, âdd âdditionâl broth, creâm, milk, or wâter to desired consistency. Seâson to tâste with sâlt ând pepper.
- Serve in bowls ând sprinkle with âdditionâl shredded cheese ând crumbled bâcon, if desired.