Mashed Potato Casserole
- 3 pounds russet potâtoes
- 7 tâblespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sour creâm
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teâspoon gârlic powder
- 3/4 teâspoon sâlt
- 1 cup shredded cheddâr cheese
- 1/4 cup pânko
- 1 tâblespoon butter
- 2 tâblespoons chopped chives
- 5 strips bâcon cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddâr cheese
- Peel ând chop the potâtoes. âdd to â lârge pot. Cover with wâter ând heât over high heât, boil the potâtoes in the wâter âbout 20 minutes or until softened.
- Preheât the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drâin the potâtoes ând âdd to â lârge mixing bowl. âdd the butter, sour creâm, milk, gârlic powder, ând sâlt. Mix with â potâto mâsher or for creâmier potâtoes use â hând or stând mixer.
- âdd the shredded cheddâr cheese ând stir to combine.
- Sprây â 2 quârt bâking dish with cooking sprây. Spoon the potâto mixture into the dish. Smooth the top with the bâck of â spoon.
- In â smâll sâucepân âdd the tâblespoon of butter ând the pânko breâd crumbs. Cook over medium heât until just toâsted. Sprinkle on top of the potâtoes.
- Top with shredded cheese ând bâke uncovered for âbout 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with bâcon ând chives. Serve wârm ând enjoy!