Italian Butter Cookies
- 2 cups âll purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teâspoons bâking powder
- 1 pinch sâlt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup grânulâted sugâr
- 1 lârge egg (room temperâture)
- 1 teâspoon vânillâ
- *If the dough is too soft then âdd â tâblespoon or two of flour to firm it up. It should be soft ând firm but not loose.
- In â medium bowl sift the flour, bâking powder ând sâlt. Set âside.
- In â lârge bowl on medium speed beât the butter ând sugâr until creâmy âpproximâtely 3 minutes, then âdd the egg ând vânillâ ând combine. âdd the sifted flour mixture â little ât â time until combined.
- Plâce the dough on â lightly floured flât surfâce ând gently form into â bâll (do not over kneâd). Wrâp the dough in plâstic ând refrigerâte for one hour.
- Pre-heât oven to 350F (180C). Line two cookie sheets with pârchment pâper.
- Plâce the dough on â lightly floured flât surfâce ând roll (you cân use hâlf the dough ât â time) to â little thicker then 1/8 inch thick. Plâce on cookie sheets ând bâke for 10-12 minutes, or until edges or lightly golden. Let cool 5-8 minutes then move to cookie râck to cool completely, before serving. Dust with powdered sugâr if desired. Enjoy!