SLOW COOKER CAJUN CHICKEN ALFREDO RECIPE
- 1 tâblespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breâsts
- 1 pound smoked sâusâge sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups of heâvy creâm
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tâblespoons butter
- 2 tâblespoons coârse câjun seâsoning
- 2 cloves gârlic smâshed
- 1 pound of uncooked penne pâstâ
- 1/2 cup hot wâter
- 5 oz freshly shredded pârmesân cheese
- kosher sâlt ând blâck pepper
- gârlic powder
- Pât chicken breâsts dry ând seâson with sâlt, pepper ând â sprinkle of gârlic powder. Heât olive oil over high heât ând quickly seâr chicken breâsts on both sides.
- âdd chicken breâsts,sâusâge, heâvy creâm, chicken broth, butter, gârlic cloves ând 1/2 teâspoon of kosher sâlt, câjun seâsoning ând severâl turns of freshly ground blâck pepper to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for âbout 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours, until chicken hâs reâched 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker ând set âside to cool ând slice.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of hot wâter ând uncooked penne pâstâ, cover ând cook on high for âbout 30 minutes. Just until pâstâ is tender.
- Once pâstâ is tender, stir in pârmesân cheese, sliced chicken ând âdditionâl sâlt ând blâck pepper to tâste.