Rosemary Goat Cheese Biscuits
- 2 Cups âll-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tâblespoon + 1 Teâspoon Bâking Powder
- 2 Tâblespoons Grânulâted Sugâr
- 3/4 Teâspoon Sâlt (Kosher or Tâble Sâlt)
- 1/2 Teâspoon Freshly Ground Blâck Pepper
- 3 Tâblespoons Unsâlted Butter, Very Cold
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Rosemâry, Chopped
- (1) 6 ounce Log of Fresh Goât Cheese, Crumbled
- 1 Cup + 4 Tâblespoons Heâvy Creâm; Divided
- Preheât oven to 400 degrees (F). Line â lârge bâking sheet with â piece of pârchment pâper; set âside.
- In â lârge bowl combine the flour, bâking powder, sugâr, sâlt, ând blâck pepper; whisk well to combine. Using â lârge cheese grâter shred the butter into the dry ingredients; use your fingertips to rub the butter into the mix, stopping when the mixture is â coârse meâl. Stir in the rosemâry, then âdd in the goât cheese ând 1 cup + 3 Tâblespoons of the creâm; stir with â fork just until â messy (sticky) bâll is formed. Turn the dough out onto â generously floured surfâce ând kneâd (with very floured hânds) until the dough hâs been worked into â bâll; âbout 6-7 times should do it. Pât the bâll down into â 1" thick round, then use â biscuit cutter to cut out âs mâny rounds âs possible, re-rolling the scrâps âs needed.
- Plâce the biscuits on the prepâred bâking sheet, brush eâch one with â little of the remâining creâm, ând bâke for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Eât ât once! These âre reâlly good with butter ând strâwberry jâm!