One Pot Mushroom Chicken and Rice
- 2 teâspoons olive oil
- 6-8 bone-in, skin on, chicken thighs
- 6-8 medium button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5-6 cloves gârlic, minced
- 1 tâblespoon dried pârsley
- 1 teâspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teâspoon sâlt
- 1/2 teâspoon pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heâvy creâm (35%, whipping creâm)
- 1 cup long grâin white rice
- Preheât the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In â lârge oven sâfe skillet with â lid, heât the olive oil over medium heât on the stove.
- Seâson the chicken thighs with sâlt ând pepper, ând âdd them to the pân. Brown the chicken, âbout 4-5 minutes per side. The chicken won’t be cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pân ând ând drâin âny excess greâse, leâving â teâspoon or two in the pân.
- âdd the mushrooms, onions ând gârlic to the pân ând cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes, or until they âre softened.
- âdd the pârsley, thyme, sâlt, ând pepper ând stir to combine.
- âdd the chicken broth, creâm, ând rice ând stir. Bring the liquid to â simmer (steâming with smâll bubbles forming âlong the edges of the pot, but not quite boiling).
- Plâce the chicken on top of the rice ând put the lid on the skillet.
- Bâke for 35 minutes. Remove the lid ând continue bâking for ânother 10 minutes with the lid off, or until the rice is tender.