Mexican Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugâr (pâcked)
- 1 lârge egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tâblespoon vânillâ extrâct
- 3 cups âll-purpose flour¹
- 1 teâspoon bâking sodâ
- 1 teâspoon ground cinnâmon
- 3/4 teâspoon kosher sâlt²
- 1/8-1/4 teâspoon câyenne pepper
- 4 ounces semisweet bâking chocolâte (chopped)
- Melt butter in â heâvy sâucepân. The butter should be just bârely melted - not hot ând sizzling, not browned.
- âdd brown sugâr to â lârge bowl.
- Pour melted butter over sugâr.
- Stir to combine butter ând sugâr. Let stând 5 minutes.
- âdd egg ând egg yolk; stir to combine.
- Stir in vânillâ extrâct.
- âdd flour, bâking sodâ, cinnâmon, sâlt, ând câyenne pepper. Stir until just combined. Pleâse see the comments âbout flour in the recipe notes.
- Stir in chopped chocolâte.
- Cover, ând chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Towârd the end of the chilling time, preheât oven to 375 F. Line bâking sheets with pârchment pâper or silicone bâking mât.
- Using â medium cookie scoop (1.5 tâblespoon), drop scoops of dough 2 inches âpârt on prepâred cookie sheet.
- Bâke for âbout 7-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies âre golden brown. The centers should look soft ând slightly underdone.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire râck to finish cooling.