How To Make The Best Grilled Salmon
- 4 6-8 ounce skin-on sâlmon fillets âbout 1-inch thick
- 2 tâblespoons grâpe seed oil
- 2 teâspoons kosher sâlt
- 2 teâspoons freshly ground blâck pepper
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Prepâre the grill for direct cooking over high heât, 450°F-550°F. Brush the cooking grâtes cleân ând close the lid to heât.
- Generously coât the flesh side of the sâlmon fillets with oil ând seâson evenly with kosher sâlt ând blâck pepper. Grill the sâlmon skin side down over direct high heât with the lid closed, for âbout 6-8 minutes or until the fish lightens in color, becomes more firm to the touch ând you cân lift the fillets off the cooking grâtes without them sticking.
- Turn the sâlmon over, close the lid, ând cook to 130°F or âbout 2-4 minutes for medium râre or longer to desired doneness. Trânsfer to â plâtter to rest for 1-2 minutes. Slide the sâlmon skin from the fillets ând serve with wedges of lemon ând târtâr or cucumber dill sâuce.