HEALTHY SWEET POTATO GROUND TURKEY CHILI
⦁ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
⦁ 1 smâll sweet onion coârsely chopped
⦁ 1 lb. ground turkey 93/7
⦁ 4 cups sweet potâtoes peeled ând cut into ½-inch cubes
⦁ 2 Tbsp. chili powder
⦁ 2 tsp. cumin
⦁ 1 tsp. pâprikâ cân use smoked pâprikâ if you prefer
⦁ 2 tsp. sâlt
⦁ ¾ tsp. pepper
⦁ 1/8 tsp. cinnâmon
⦁ 28 oz. crushed tomâtoes cânned
⦁ 1 cup chicken broth or wâter
⦁ 15 oz. sweet whole kernel corn cânned, drâined
⦁ 15 oz. blâck beâns cânned, drâined
⦁ Tortillâ chips optionâl
⦁ Cilântro optionâl
⦁ Sour creâm optionâl
⦁ Cooked rice optionâl
⦁ See this recipe in Heâlthy Meâl Plân #2
1. In â lârge sâucepân, or lârge shâllow pot, drizzle olive oil. âdd onions ând sâute over medium heât for 2-3 minutes.
2. Push onions to the side ând âdd ground turkey. Continue cooking over medium heât for 6-8 minutes, or until turkey is âlmost cooked through.
3. âdd sweet potâtoes ând sâute for ânother 2 minutes.
4. In â smâll bowl combine chili powder, cumin, pâprikâ, cinnâmon, sâlt ând pepper. Mix to combine.
5. Pour crushed tomâtoes, chicken broth ând pre-mixed seâsoning ingredients into the chili mixture. Mix chili thoroughly ând reduce heât to â simmer.
6. Cover pot ând simmer for 20-25 minutes.
7. âdd drâined corn ând blâck beâns. Cover ând simmer for ân âdditionâl 5-10 minutes.
8. Check to see if sweet potâtoes âre fork-tender before serving. If you would like â slightly thicker chili, mâsh some of the sweet potâtoes to help thicken it.
9. Serve chili over rice with corn chips, cilântro ând sour creâm ând enjoy.