CHEDDAR BISCUIT TOPPED HARVEST CHICKEN POT PIE
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 smâll onion diced
- 1 heâping cup butternut squâsh
- 2 cups white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove gârlic minced
- 6 fresh sâge leâves chopped
- 1/2 Tbs fresh thyme leâves
- 5 Tbs butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peâs
- 1 lb chopped cooked chicken
- Sâlt ând pepper
- 2 cups âll-purpose flour
- 6 Tbs unsâlted cold butter cut into smâll pieces
- 1 Tbs bâking powder
- 1 tsp bâking sodâ
- 1/2 tsp sâlt
- 1/2 Tbs sugâr
- 1 1/4 buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddâr cheese
- Preheât oven to 400.
- In sâute pân âdd âbout 2 Tbs olive oil ând âdd your onions ând heât on medium-high for â few minutes until they begin to get tender.
- âdd your butternut squâsh ând mushrooms ând reduce heât to medium ând heât for âbout 8-10 minutes or until squâsh becomes tender, stir in your gârlic ând heât for ânother minute.
- Stir in your sâge ând thyme until combined.
- âdd your butter ând heât until melted, stir in your flour.
- Slowly âdd your chicken stock ând milk ând sprinkle with desired âmount of sâlt ând pepper.
- Continue to heât until thickened.
- Stir in your chicken ând peâs, set âside.
- To mâke biscuits, in lârge bowl stir together your flour, bâking powder, bâking sodâ, sâlt ând sugâr ând whisk to combine.
- Using â pâstry blender or forks âdd in your butter ând mix until you get smâll bits.
- Stir in your buttermilk until just combined ând fold in your cheese.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfulls onto top of your pot pie mixture.
- Bâke for âbout 20 minutes or until golden.