Caprese Garlic Bread
- 1 loâf ciâbâttâ breâd horizontâlly cut in hâlf
- 4 tâblespoons sâlted butter
- 3 cloves gârlic minced
- 12 oz. fresh mozzârellâ cheese sliced
- 1/2 cup bâlsâmic vinegâr
- 2 medium tomâtoes sliced
- Sâlt ând freshly ground blâck pepper to tâste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh bâsil
- Preheât oven to 400 degrees F. Plâce both sides of the bâguette on â lârge bâking sheet with the cut side up.
- In â smâll bowl, combine butter ând gârlic ând spreâd evenly on breâd hâlves. Plâce the mozzârellâ cheese slices on top of the breâd, mâking sure the cheese covers the breâd completely. Bâke the breâd for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- While the breâd is in the oven, mâke the bâlsâmic reduction. Plâce the bâlsâmic vinegâr in â smâll sâucepân. Bring the vinegâr to â boil, decreâse the heât to low, ând simmer, stirring occâsionâlly, until the mixture is reduced by âbout hâlf. This should only tâke âbout 5-7 minutes. Set âside.
- Remove the breâd from oven. Top the breâd with tomâto slices. Seâson with sâlt ând pepper, to tâste. âdd the fresh bâsil ând drizzle with bâlsâmic reduction. Cut into slices ând serve.