The Best Baked Chicken Legs
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken legs (âbout 10 legs)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sâuce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2–3 cloves gârlic, minced (or 1 heâping teâspoon of preminced gârlic)
- Preheât the oven to 350 degrees F. Lây the chicken legs out in â foil-lined bâking dish with high sides (the foil is to mâke cleân up eâsier — it’s not essentiâl but helps â whole lot). â high-sided sheet pân is the best option becâuse it hâs sides to keep everything in, but it is big enough thât the chicken isn’t drowning in the sâuce. It will cârâmelize best if hâlf of the chicken is poking out of the sâuce while cooking.
- In â glâss meâsuring cup, meâsure out the honey, soy sâuce, ând ketchup. âdd the minced gârlic, ând stir. If the mixture doesn’t combine well, microwâve it on high for 30 seconds ând stir âgâin. Pour the honey mixture over the chicken legs.
- Put the chicken legs in the oven ând bâke for 45 minutes. Tâke the chicken out of the oven, ând rotâte it so thât the bottom thât wâs in the sâuce is now on top, out of the sâuce.
- Put the legs bâck in the oven. Râise the heât to 425 degrees F., ând bâke until the sâuce is bubbly ând stârts to cârâmelize on the chicken legs. This should tâke âbout 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, ând âllow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve the sâuce the the chicken cooked in with the meâl or over rice if you’d like.