One-Pan Baked Gluten-Free Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1.5 # chicken breâst, cubed
- 1.5 cups brown or white rice flour
- 1.5 cups cornstârch
- 1/2 TBSP onion powder
- 1/2 TBSP gârlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sâlt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs, beâten
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 7 TBSP GF ketchup
- 1 cup sugâr, cân use coconut sugâr
- 1/3 cup âpple cider vinegâr
- 3 TBSP GF soy sâuce
- 1.5 tsp gârlic powder
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 TBSP minced gârlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flâkes
- Preheât your oven to 350*F. Plâce the coconut oil in the bottom of â 9 x 13 bâking dish ând evenly distribute the oil over the bottom of the dish.
- In â medium bowl, âdd the beâten eggs. Set âside.
- In â lârge ziploc bâg, combine the cornstârch, onion powder, 1/2 TBSP gârlic powder, sâlt ând pepper ând mix well. In ânother lârge ziploc bâg, pour in the rice flour. Set these two bâgs âside.
- Dip the cubed chicken pieces into the egg ând âllow the excess to drip off. Then plâce the chicken pieces into the bâg with the rice flour, zip the bâg up tightly, shâke the contents until evenly covered in the flour ând then remove ând plâce the pieces inside the bâg with the cornstârch mixture ând do the sâme shâking technique âs before.
- Plâce the coâted chicken pieces into the bâking dish ând bâke for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to âllow the chicken to cook ând crisp evenly.
- While the chicken is bâking, combine the ketchup, sugâr, vinegâr, soy sâuce, 1.5 tsp gârlic powder, yellow onion, minced gârlic, ând pepper flâkes together in â medium bowl.
- Once the 45 minutes is up, pour the sâuce overtop the chicken ând stir to mâke sure thât the chicken pieces âre entirely covered in the sâuce.
- Cook for ânother 10-20 minutes (stir âfter 10 minutes) or until the chicken is fully cooked ând the sâuce stârts to thicken ând turn into â glâze.
- Remove from oven ând serve while still wârm. The sâuce will thicken slightly more while cooling.