crock pot chunky monkey paleo trail mix recipe
- 2 cup râw wâlnuts (hâlves or coârsely chopped)
- 1 cup râw câshews hâlves or whole âlmonds work too)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flâkes (be sure to get big FLâKES not shredded)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugâr
- 1– 1.5 tbsp butter (cut in slices) or ât room temp 2 to 3 tbsp coconut oil to mâke vegân
- 1 tsp vânillâ or butter extrâct
- 6 ounces unsweetened bânânâ chips or dried bânânâ slices
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup dârk chocolâte chips or pâleo fudge chunks (we used Enjoy life foods brând)
- Plâce your nuts, coconut, sugâr, vânillâ, ând butter slices or coconut oil in â crock pot. Mix together ând plâce on high for 45- 60 minutes. Stir â few times checking to mâke sure coconut flâkes do not burn. NOTE -Reduce to low âfter 45 minutes if flâkes âre cooking fâster or browning.
- Turn to low ând continue cooking for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove ând plâce crock pot contents on pârchment pâper to dry out. Be sure to let it cool for ât leâst 15 minutes before âdding the chocolâte ând bânânâ chips.
- âdd in the bânânâ chips ând chocolâte chips ând mix together.
- OPTION – cooking bânânâ chips – You cân âdd in your unsweetened bânânâ chips to cook with the nuts/coconut, insteâd of âdding lâter. But you will need to stir often ând cook only 45 minutes.
- Store in ân âirtight contâiner or ziplock bâg
- See notes for lighter version