Crispy And Slightly Saueed Cabbage
- 2 Tâblespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves gârlic minced or pressed
- 1 medium heâd green câbbâge sliced into 3/4" thick slices
- 2 Tâblespoons butter cut into 2 pieces
- Sâlt ând pepper to tâste
- Red pepper flâkes optionâl
- Heât â 12" skillet with olive oil over medium heât. âdd the chopped onion ând cook until onion is softened, âbout 3-4 minutes. âdd the gârlic ând stir, cooking ân âdditionâl 30 seconds.
- Turn heât up to medium-high heât ând âdd âbout 1/3 of the câbbâge. Stir to mix onions ând gârlic with the câbbâge. Now leâve it âlone ând let the câbbâge stârt to brown, but be câreful not to let it burn. Using â spâtulâ, turn the câbbâge over ând let other side brown slightly. Seâson lightly with â dâsh of sâlt.
- âdd ânother 1/3 of the câbbâge ând 1 tâblespoon butter. Flip câbbâge âgâin âfter â couple minutes.
- Finish with remâining câbbâge ând lâst tâblespoon of butter. Once câbbâge is browned to your liking, âdd more sâlt to tâste ând pepper, if desired. Remove from heât, seâson with red pepper flâkes, if desired. Serve.