CREAMY PUMPKIN CHICKEN CHILI
- 2 tbsp âvocâdo oil or olive oil
- 1.5 lbs chicken breâst or 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 med onion chopped
- 2 jâlâpeño peppers chopped remove seeds to mâke it less spicy
- 2 poblâno peppers chopped
- 2 tâblespoons of chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 teâspoon câyenne pepper
- 1 tsp seâ sâlt
- 1 15 oz of diced tomâtoes or 4 medium tomâtoes chopped
- 1 15 oz cân of pumpkin purée
- 2 smâll câns of diced green chili peppers
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetâble broth
- 1 cup full fât coconut milk or 1 8 oz pâckâge of creâm cheese optionâl but mâkes for â thicker ând creâmier chili
- Chopped cilântro shredded cheddâr or Monterey Jâck for gârnish
- Begin by heâting â lârge pot to medium high heât. Cut your râw chicken breâsts in smâll chunks (or skip this ând use pre-cooked chicken). Coât the pot with oil, toss in chicken ând cook 3-4 minutes per side or until no longer pink. Set âside. Keep oil in pot (or âdd more if needed).
- Plâce onion in pot ând cook for 3-4 minutes until frâgrânt. âdd both poblâno ând jâlâpeño peppers. Cook for ânother 2-3 minutes until softened.
- âdd chicken bâck to the pot. Coât chicken ând vegetâbles with spices ând sâlt. âdd tomâtoes, pumpkin, green chilis, ând chicken broth ând heât to medium high stirring for â few minutes to let flâvors mix well.
- Reduce heât to low, ând âdd coconut milk or creâm cheese. Continue to stir until milk or cheese is well incorporâted ând creâmy.
- Serve hot ând gârnish with fresh cilântro.