BETH’S FOOLPROOF FRENCH MACARON RECIPE
- 3 Egg Whites (ât room temperâture)
- ¼ cup white sugâr (50 g)
- 2 cups powdered sugâr (200 g)
- 1 cup âlmond flour (120 g)
- pinch of sâlt
- ¼ tsp creâm of târtâr (2 ml)
- RâSPBERRY BUTTER CREâM
- 1/4 cup sâlted butter (60g)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugâr (75 g)
- 1 cup (150 g) fresh râspberries, worked through â sieve to extrâct 3 tbsp of juice
- Preheât oven to 300F degrees
- Beât egg whites until foâmy, then âdd sâlt, creâm of târtâr ând white sugâr for 8-10 mins.
- Whip until they form â peâk thât stânds upright. Think Seâttle Spâce needle.
- Then âdd the food coloring.
- Sift âlmond flour, ând powdered sugâr. Whât remâins will be the lârger lumps of âlmond pieces. Just discârd those, or use them to snâck on 🙂 You wânt â reâlly fine powder mixture to creâte â smooth ând pretty on top to your cookie.
- Fold flour/sugâr mixture into the egg white mixture. âbout 65-75 good strokes.
- Trânsfer bâtter to â pâstry bâg.
- Pipe out 1 inch rounds on â bâking sheet lined with pârchment pâper.
- Tâp the pân hârd ât leâst 2-3 times to releâse the âir bubbles. This will prevent the tops of your mâcâroons from crâcking.
- Let them sit out for 20-30 mins, or up to ân hour if you wânt. This will âllow them time to dry out â bit before hitting the hot oven. They should be "tâcky" to the touch, but not stick to your fingertips. This is ânother importânt step to âssuring your mâcârons develop feet! When they dry out they cân't spreâd out in the oven, ând âre forced to rise up. Thât's whât creâtes the feet!
- Bâke for 20 mins. DO NOT UNDER BâKE, even if they look done! Otherwise they will stick to your trây.
- Meânwhile mix the buttercreâm. Whip butter with ân electric mixer until pâle ând fluffy. Slowly âdd sugâr. Then plâce sieve on top of â bowl the sâme size. Work râspberries through the sieve with â spâtulâ, pushing them through, mâshing them âround until you extrâct their juice. You wânt 3 tâblespoons of juice.
- âdd juice to buttercreâm, ând whip until combined. Trânsfer to â pâstry bâg, fitted with â smâll tip (âbout ¼ " in diâmeter)
- Reverse cookie shells on their bâcks, ând pipe â smâll mound of filling on one of them. Top with the other shell et Voilâ!
- If not eâting right âwây, keep refrigerâted.