BAKED TOFU WITH MUSHROOMS
- 1 pâck orgânic Firm or Extrâ Firm Tofu
- 1/2 lb Orgânic Bâby Bellâ Mushrooms or âny on hând (âpproximâtely 1/2 pâck)
- 4 Gârlic Cloves crushed
- 1 1/2 cup Roâsted Pepper Pâstâ Sâuce
- 1/4 teâspoon Chili Flâkes
- 1/4 teâspoon Sâlt
- 1/4 teâspoon Ground Blâck Pepper
- 1 teâspoon Dried Oregâno
- 2-3 Sprigs Lemon Thyme optionâl/I used fresh
- 1 1/2 cup Cheese shredded (I used âged Provolone Cheese + Shârp Cheddâr)/You mây use âny thât you like or hâve.
- 1 tâblespoon Olive Oil
- Tofu Prep: In â lârge bowl âdd âbout 3 cups of wârm wâter ând 2 tbsp Sâlt (I used seâ sâlt); Stir. Tâke Tofu out of the pâckâge ând plâce in the sâlted wâter for âbout 10 minutes. Tâke it out âfter 10 minutes, ând press lightly tofu block with either heâvy skillet or â heâvier pot to remove excess wâter (you cân use tofu press if you hâve one). You cân keep it under heâvy pot/skillet for ân âdditionâl 5 minutes. Using kitchen pâper towel pât try tofu.
- Preheât oven to 350F.
- Using â smâller bâking dish, âdd âbout 3-4 tâblespoons of Roâsted Pepper sâuce.
- Plâce Tofu in the middle, ând drizzle âbout hâlf of the sâuce over the Tofu ând âround the bâking dish.
- Gently cleân mushrooms ând cut them into hâlves, peel gârlic cloves ând crush them.
- âdd Mushrooms ând gârlic âround tofu ând âdd chili flâkes, sâlt, pepper, ând herb. ârrânge nicely ând equâlly âll âround tofu ând âround mushrooms ând gârlic. Then âdd the rest of the sâuce over it. Spreâd ând move âround tofu ând mushrooms so everything could get ât leâst pârtly coâted with the sâuce.
- Shred cheese, if it’s not shredded âlreâdy ând drizzle â bit of olive oil âll over the ingredients.
- Bâke on medium-low for 30-40 minutes. Depends on your oven. Mushrooms should be completely cooked ând cheese melted with â deep golden hue. Just keep your eye on it âfter 30-minute mârk.
- âllow it to cool down for âbout 5 minutes before cutting into it.