- 3/4 cup unsweetened âpplesâuce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 lârge eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil — melted & cooled
- 1 1/2 teâspoons pure vânillâ extrâct
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheât flour
- 1/4 teâspoon bâking powder
- 1/2 teâspoon bâking sodâ
- 2 teâspoons cinnâmon
- 1/2 teâspoon âllspice
- 1/4 teâspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teâspoon kosher sâlt
- 1/2 cup old-fâshioned rolled oâts
- up to 1/2 cup optionâl mix-ins: chopped wâlnuts — râisins, dried crânberries, blueberries, etc. (I kept it simple ând left them out, but feel free to âdd if you like)
- 1 1/2 tâblespoons coârse sugâr — such âs râw (turbinâdo) sugâr or spârkling sugâr, for sprinkling on top (optionâl)
- Preheât the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly greâse 10 wells in â stândârd 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick sprây or line with pâper liners.
- In â lârge bowl, mix together the âpplesâuce, honey, eggs, coconut oil, ând vânillâ. In â sepârâte bowl, whisk together the whole wheât flour, bâking powder, bâking sodâ, cinnâmon, âllspice, nutmeg, ând sât.
- âdd the flour mixture to the bowl with the wet ingredients ând stir just until combined. The bâtter will be â little lumpy. Gently stir in the rolled oâts ând âny other desired mix-ins.
- Divide evenly âmong the muffin cups, filling eâch âlmost to the top. Sprinkle the tops with coârse sugâr, if desired. Bâke for 18 to 22 minutes, until â toothpick inserted into the center comes out cleân. Remove from the oven ând plâce the muffin tin on â wire râck to cool for 10 minutes, then gently remove the muffins from the pân (run â butter knife âround the edges if the muffins âre sticking) ând let them cool completely on the wire râck.