VEGAN PEANUT CURRY WITH SWEET POTATO
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml oil (I used rice bran)
- 2 medium shallots, diced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, diced finely
- thumb-size piece of ginger, diced finely
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp vegan Thai red curry paste or rendang curry paste, depending on your heat tolerance
- 200 ml / 7 oz canned (½ a can) tomatoes (I used peeled plum tomatoes) or 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 200 ml / 7 oz coconut milk (½ can)
- heaped ½ tsp salt, more to taste
- juice of half a lime
- 1-2 tsp sugar (I used coconut sugar) (optional)
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 100 g / 3.5 oz kale or spinach leaves
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- fresh coriander, to serve
- chopped roasted peanuts, to serve
- Heat up the oil in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Add the diced shallots and fry them on a low heat until almost translucent (for about 5-7 minutes), stirring from time to time.
- Add the diced garlic and ginger. Keep on frying gently for another 5 minutes or so, stirring regularly.
- Click here to get complete recipe