The Most Amazing German Chocolate Cake
For the cake:
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup brewed coffee (Or any liquid. I guess some people are against adding coffee, but it really just brings out the flavor of the chocolate.)
- 2 cups milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (or rice flour for gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place a greased circle of parchment on the bottom of 3 8-inch pans (or grease them and dust them with cocoa powder).
- Combine the butter and cocoa and cook on the stove or in the microwave until melted. Slowly add the coffee and milk, whisking to combine. Add the sugars, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the rest and mix just until combined. Divide evenly between 3 prepared pans. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here