Potato, Cheese and Onion Pasties
- 1x 320g/11.3oz sheet of Puff Pastry (rolled into a 14" x 9" rectangle)
- 1 large White Potato, finely diced (approx 300g/10.5oz)
- 1 large Onion, grated (approx 150g/5oz)
- 150g/5oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Mustard (English or Dijon)
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley, finely diced
- 1/4 cup / 60ml Cream or Milk
- 1 Egg, beaten for wash
- Oil Spray
- Fry your potatoes in a little oil until nice and crispy. Melt in your butter then add your onion. Fry off for a minute or so just until soft. Pop everything in a bowl and allow to cool.
- To the bowl add your cheese, mustard, parsley and cream/milk. Give it a good stir and leave to one side.
- Slice your pastry into 4 equal rectangles. Split your filling into 4 and place to one side of each rectangle. Brush around the edges with your egg wash then fold over and push down with your fingers to secure.
- Click here to get complete recipe