Pineapple Mojito – A Tropical Twist on the Classic Cuban Cocktail
- ½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon sugar or simple syrup to taste if you prefer
- 6 mint leaves chopped
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups club soda
- 4 ounces white rum or gold rum if you prefer
- fresh ice
- In a large mortar and pestle, add in pineapple, sugar, mint leaves, and lime juice. Gently smash ingredients together with the pestle, until pineapple is creamy and mint leaves have bruised.
- Add pineapple mix to a small pitcher or very large mason jar.
- Next add in pineapple juice, club soda, and rum. Stir together gently. Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- Pour over 2 ice filled cups.
- Garnish mint sprigs, lime wedges and/or pineapple.
Recipe adapted from https://momfoodie.com