HOUSE OF BLUES VOODOO SHRIMP
- 1/2 tablespoon each dried basil and dried oregano
- Corn bread see note
- 1/4 teaspoon each finely ground black pepper and cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 1/2 bay leaves
- 6 medium to large peeled deveined shrimp, with tail left on
- 3 3/4 cups Dark Lager beer
- Cut chives
- 1/2 tablespoon shrimp base
- Rosemary sprig for garnish
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- In a large saucepot, combine beer, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, shrimp base, sugar, and cream.
- Let the mixture simmer until the mixture begins to thicken and will coat the back of a spoon.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and sauté in oil.