Baked Donuts Filled with Jelly
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour divided, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast quick acting, (1 packet = 7 grams)
- 2/3 cup warm milk 110˚F - microwave 35 sec.
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup jelly or jam (no large fruit pieces)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar to roll donuts
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 1/4 tsp (1 packet) instant yeast and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Add warm milk, 3 Tbsp melted butter, 2 egg yolks and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and whisk vigorously to combine well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and rest at room temperature 10 minutes, until some bubbles form on the surface.
- Click here to get complete recipe