Hershey's Chocolate Cupcake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups chocolate frosting (homemade or ready-to-spread)
- CADBURY Milk Chocolate Mini Eggs or other small candy decorations (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper or foil bake cups.
- Stir together dry ingredients in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients except boiling water. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting and garnish with sprinkles, if desired.
Recipe adapted from www.hersheys.com/