WEST AFRICAN PEANUT STEW [VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE]
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1-inch cube of ginger, grated
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 turnip, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup dried green lentils
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander (or coriander seeds)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- crushed peanuts and cilantro to top
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and let cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and let cook for another 2 minutes.
- Click here to view complete recipe