EASY PINEAPPLE ICE CREAM
- 1 pineapple, cleaned and cut into smallish chunks (about 5 cups)
- 2 Tbs pure maple syrup (agave would work too)
- dash salt
- Arrange the pineapple chunks in a single layer in a large freezer bag or covered plastic container. Let freeze for 1-2 hours, or until firm but not rock hard.
- Combine the pineapple chunks, syrup and a dash of salt in a good food processor or powerful blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the sweetness or seasoning if needed.
- Enjoy soft, or transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour to let it firm up enough to scoop.
adapted from eatheathyathappy.com