BEST EVER ROASTED SALSA
An incredibly easy and super healthy roasted salsa recipe. Only a few steps to a great-tasting salsa!
- 10 roma tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 jalapeños (or more if you like it spicier)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt (or more, for taste)
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ¼ of a lime, squeezed
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (or more, if desired)
- Heat up your broiler on your oven. Place tomatoes, garlic (with the peels on), shallot (with the skin on), onion (peel and cut in half) and whole jalapeños on a cookie sheet. Place under broiler.
- I like to rotate the veggies periodically so they get equally cooked. When skins begin to char, pull cookie sheet out of oven. Be careful not to burn the garlic! It should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Click here to get more instructions