HEALTHY BEEF AND BROCCOLI
A takeout favorite gets a healthy makeover! This dish is easily paleo or gluten free, and comes together in no time! (See notes for Paleo/Whole30 tips!)
- 3/4lb. lean steak (such as top sirloin, or loin tip) thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch*
- 1lb. broccolini (or broccoli), cut into 2″ sections
- 1/2 cup low sodium gluten free tamari, coconut aminos, or soy sauce*
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup water, as desired
- olive oil or coconut oil, for cooking
- In a medium bowl, combine thinly sliced steak with arrowroot (or cornstarch) and a pinch of pepper. Toss to coat well.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add a few slices of steak (not touching each other) to the pan. Cook 60-90 seconds per side, then transfer to a clean plate or bowl. Repeat with remaining steak, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- Click here to view more instructions