Classic Vanilla Cupcakes from Scratch
Classic Vanilla Cupcakes are my favorite! And you'll be surprised how easy they are to make from scratch.
- 3/4 cup(1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 Recipe Vanilla Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well in between each addition.
- Add the vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk. Mix just until batter forms.
- Click here to view full recipe