Hot Water Cornbread
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups boiling water
- vegetable oil for frying
- Pour about 1/2 inch of oil into a heavy-bottomed skillet. Heat the oil to about 350° or until glistening but not smoking.
- In a large bowl combine the self-rising corn meal with about 1 1/2 cups of boiling water. Carefully stir to combine. The batter should be pourable.
- Add additional water until you reach the consistency of thick pancake batter. Different corn meals will require different amounts of water. Start with less and add more if you need it.
- Get full recipe >> Click Here