BLACK FOREST CAKE
Moist chocolate cake is filled with a fluffy white frosting and cherries and covered and topped with more frosting, chocolate and even more cherries making this Black Forest Cake one addicting treat.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup coffee cooled
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Homemade cherry pie filling or 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 semi-sweet baking chocolate bar shaved
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 block cream cheese room temp
- 2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 9" round cake pans with parchment paper and spray the edges with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together in large bowl with hand mixer (or stand mixer) sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Read more instructions >> Click Here