3 Easy Steps to a Moist and Delicious Turkey
- 1 c. salt
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. thyme
- 2 Tbsp. ground sage
- 2 Tbsp. whole cloves
- 2-3 star anise
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium oranges, sliced
- 2 quarts apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1 gallon, water
- In a large stock pot, add all of the ingredients. Heat over medium high heat, stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and then immediately remove from heat, and cover with lid. Let brine come to room temperature.
- Place thawed, uncooked turkey into large brining bag, and pour cooled brine over the top of the turkey, including all ingredients that were cooked in the brine. Seal the bag, and secure with clips if necessary. Refrigerate the turkey and brine for 18-24 hours.
- Get more instructions click here