ONE-POT SAUSAGE, WHITE BEANS, & KALE
- 6-8 ounces sausage (homemade Italian sausage is great)
- if needed: ½ Tablespoon oil
- ½ onion, sliced into small wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or about ½ teaspoon dried garlic)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans (I recommend great northern or cannelloni)
- 1 can diced or crushed tomatoes (14-15 ounces)
- 8 cups kale
- optional: parmesan cheese
- to taste: salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Heat a pot or large pan over medium-high heat. If using lean sausage, heat about ½ a Tablespoon of oil in the pan. Slice the sausage into thin rounds and brown on both sides. (Or, remove the casing, crumble into the pan, and brown.)
- While the sausage browns, wash and chop the kale.
- Slice the onion and add to the pan. Sauté for about 2 minutes, then add the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes, and sauté about 30 seconds more.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Add the beans and tomatoes to the pot and stir well. Place the clean & chopped kale on top and cover.
- Get Full Recipe Click Here