SUMMER CORN SALAD
- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned/chiffonaded fresh basil leaves
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When boiling, add one tablespoon sugar and one tablespoon vinegar.
- Add the cobs of corn to the pot of water and bring to a rolling boil. Cover the pot, remove from the heat and let the corn sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the pot. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.
- Toss the kernels in a medium bowl with the red onions, tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Get full recipe Here