Baked Teriyaki Chicken With Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
Ingredients For The Baked Chicken Teriyaki
- 4 or 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Ingredients For The Teriyai Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with oil or butter. Set aside.
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer then stir in the cornstarch mixture until thickened, about 2 minutes; allow to cool to room temperature.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on all sides. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken thighs, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; drain excess fat.
- Place chicken thighs in the prepared baking dish.
- Brush half of the teryaki sauce evenly over the chicken. Transfer dish in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Rub the remaining sauce over the chicken and bake another 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F – 75°C).
- Get Full Recipe Here